Monday 12 January 2015

How I made my magazine front cover draft


Firstly I added the edited Image to the A4 Size Canvas.




I then added the logo and used the pen tool to crop around my models face and delete that section of the logo to created the depth within the image.


I then created  the skyline under the layer of the model to make it appear as though it was behind my model.



I then added a shape over the model and added text, which I then used blending options to add a colour overlay and drop shadow to make it 'pop' on the page.



The next step I added another sell line, using shapes and text to highlight each other. I then created a square which I used a clipping mask to overlay the image within the shape. I then used blending options to add a stroke to the box to give it it's outline.


Next I added the bottom story using various images which I placed on top of each other to create the layered effect. I then added the text over the top again using blending options to add the drop shadow and colour overlay to make the text stand out.



I then added a footer again using clipping masks to frame the images, i then used text and a small graphic which I created in Adobe Illustrator. I then added more sell lines to the page as I felt some of the white space was wasted.


I then added the barcode and anchorage text so it followed the market connotations, I also added a yellow background to the sell line on the left to make it stand out more.


Finally I added the sell lines on the top right, using clipping masks for the images to keep them within the shapes, I also used stroke to create the outline. I then added the text and used the shape tool to create the backgrounds to highlight it.

No comments:

Post a Comment