Thursday 20 November 2014

Focus Group


My focus groups helped me a lot in a way in how I now know what my target audience like and what their opinion is on what I should be putting into my magazine. It has helped me to make the decision on what to call my magazine as I had a choice of 7 different names and they have told me the one that they like the most so I know that it will appeal to my target audience. They have also helped me in knowing what kind of contents to put into my magazine i.e. free posters, competitions to win festival and concert tickets. I found out that my target audience are willing to pay as much as £4 for my magazine and for it to be published twice a month which I didn’t expect at all. When doing my focus group I found out who their favourite pop artists are so I am able to use them in my magazine to entice my audience to buy my magazine. I knew that the colour scheme I was going to use was a mixture of pink purple yellow and white, when asking the question in my focused group they confirmed to me that they was the colours they expected to see meaning my research was correct. I asked them what their hobbies are because I thought this would give me a advantage of what content I could put in my magazine and what competitions I could use.

Doing my focus group was very important due to the fact it helped me to figure out what my target audience like and that I aren’t creating something that they don’t want to buy. I have specified before my focus group that the main gender I am aiming my magazine to is females so this made my research more valuable. The main point it has helped me with is the naming of the magazine, what colours to use within it, how many times a month it should be published and what they would like to win.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment